Metal Inert Gas (M.I.G.) welding in all positions of mild and alloy steels. Work to be preformed per shop drawing specifications. Stick welding as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate M.I.G. welding machines and oxygen acetylene torches.
- Preform a wide variety of M.I.G. welding in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Welders/Fitters are required to produce or assemble a variety of parts from shop drawings that conform to specifications and acceptable time frames.
- Required to move and position raw materials and finished goods by use of pallet jacks and/or forklift.
- General shop work such as grinding and oxygen acetylene burning.
- Set up stick welder machine; know which rods to be used, adjust AMP’s to weld, and to specification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year of related experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use the required personal protective equipment at all times.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplying, dividing, counting and the use of tape measure.
- Ability to read and understand all safety operating procedures and to use all safety features and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Requires ability to walk, stand, carry materials (50-100lbs), stoop, kneel, bend at waist, and climb ladders or equipment.
- This position will require at times the employee to work from a maximum height of 12 feet.
Repetitive finger motions are also required.